Friday, May 23, 2014

First Concert - Muse



      As a family friend once said, "Graçon has Travel Hockey and Eilish has Travel Concerts!"


      Sometimes I feel going to concerts is kind of like what I do. Since, I can't play sports.  I DO go to a lot of concerts. It's pretty much the only thing that you can do in Texas. And before you start telling me I'm wrong...yes. I know. There are a lot of professional sports teams - but the only one in Texas that we care to watch is the Dallas Stars.  And I know. There are museums. But once you've taken every guest to the 6th Floor Museum 5 times, it gets a little old. As with every city, there are art museums, and zoos, and aquariums and arboretums. And I've been to every one here in Dallas, and in about 20 other cities. So I'm kind of over that.

     Oh, and yes, we do have lakes. I love lakes. But I like lakes you can actually see the bottom - like in the NW. Not this scary mucky brown water we have here.
Little Bitterroot Lake, Montana

     Anyway. Half the time it's way too hot for me to go outside…I hate the heat. 75 degrees is, like, way too hot for me. And when it is 110 out? Forget it!!!


     Most the shows I go see are small lesser known bands and the tickets don't cost more than $25. Places like the Granada, Prophet Bar, Trees, The Kessler, etc. all have really great shows and are awesome venues. And if I do go see a more well known band - for the most part - I am in the nose bleed seats. There's a trick to getting good tickets and seeing good shows (like a super secret last minute concert for 50 people to see Young the Giant...)



     So back to my main topic.  The first concert I went to see, on 3-17-2010, was Muse! Man, that was an absolutely amazing concert!! I was still very high up in the seats, but their stage was so incredibly cool!! You wouldn't have been able to see all of the stage if you were up close. They tell a story rather than playing songs - each song leads into the next. My mom says they are like Rock Operas. :) 
Muse concert

No comments:

Post a Comment