Saturday, October 3, 2015

The 2nd Annual Hydrocephalus Association WALK!


    Another thing I had this week was the DFW Hydrocephalus Association WALK! This was our 2nd year doing it! We got to set up the night before which was a big help! That meant we only had to get up at 5:20 am! So we all climbed in the car, including Bonnie. Clyde has been getting more nervous around big crowds so we had him stay home with Dolly. Which meant not having to deal with 2 dogs and a crappy dog stroller like last year! Bonnie kept herself pretty entertained with her toy and bugs while we set up the last bit of things.

  I had to make the balloon arch this year! I had some help, and we found out we shouldn’t be the ones making the balloon arch. I also think we should probably either do something that is not a balloon arch next year, or hire a person who knows what they are doing! The walk went well from what I could tell, which is good because all of us Chairs and Co-Chairs had a lot going on this year!   The walk raised $30,000...not bad! My team raised $945! I was very happy I had a team again this year to walk with. And my brother's hockey team helped out! I’m mad though because I never thought of getting a photo of everyone! We were just so busy! Another successful year I think!

Thank you to all volunteers and people who donated to help make this possible!!












No comments:

Post a Comment