Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 1 of the Hydrocephalus Conference!

We made it to Portland! We got here around noon, we had a stop in Seattle so we flew by the Space Needle, Safeco Field, and Century Link Field. I also saw a 12th man flag  painted on a roof of a building! 








The lady across from us felt bad that we didn't have this picture, so she texted this to us. We didn't tell her we'd seen it a few times!


After we got to the hotel, we went to the Conference Welcome Reception. Adam Page was the guest speaker. He is a sled hockey player that got 2 gold medals in the Paralympics - one in 2010 and one this year, and he is only 22.  That was very cool! 

After that, I went to a teen welcome reception while my mom was at the parents one. And Adam Page also joined the teen one. We got to get pictures with him after that! Yay! At the teen welcome thingy we introduced ourselves of course! So, I got to tell everyone about Bonnie and of course everyone was surprised! It would have been pretty cool to bring her, but it was too expensive. :(

Adam Page and I

After a little bit of dinner, my mom and I and our friend Jamie went to Voodoo Doughnuts. We got the Voodoo Guy doughnut, some plain ones and a maple bacon one and an Oreo peanut butter one. I have only tried the Voodoo guy one so far. It was good!


 
Jamie and I 


No comments:

Post a Comment