Thursday, July 24, 2014

Me and Gaucho

Gaucho is my stuffed animal that I love and he has been through everything with me. I've had him since I was born and he's been to basically every single Dr. appt. and he has been at EVERY surgery. I can't remember a time when I didn't have him. You can see him in every picture of me when I'm in the hospital. Also, he comes with me on every trip. Yes, even now, he still comes on trips with me. 


The hospital even gives him his own hospital bracelets!  When I had my last surgery at 15, he came in the operating room with me and the nurses still put one on his wrist.


Gaucho at my 8th surgery! 
(those are probably coffee stains, since I would share everything with Gaucho and yep I've had coffee like my whole life…)

Fun fact: (well its a funny fact, maybe). In my mom's Facebook post about this photo she says this is my 7th surgery. Later, at the beginning of 10th grade we had to list my surgeries for my neuropsychology evaluation. We went back and looked through my baby book for the dates and… my mom realized she had left one out - she had literally just forgotten about one entire brain surgery, so my whole life we were saying I had one less surgery than I actually did. 

Of course my mom feels like the WORST parent EVER, because she had forgotten one of my 8 surgeries. But, I had a lot of the surgeries one right after the other so there was a lot going on - (6 of my surgeries were before I was 4 and she was also taking care of my baby brother!)

No comments:

Post a Comment