Sunday, July 13, 2014

Off to Seaside!

This morning I think my mom and I were basically the only people left from the conference!  Everyone had to leave very early. :(  

We ate breakfast at Pine State Biscuits. After that we went to Salt and Straw, an ice cream place. My friend had been there and tried a strawberry balsamic type ice cream, so she told us we had to go! They have all these crazy unique flavors! I tried honey lavender ice cream and my mom tried a chocolate ice cream that was more on the "salty" side. (She wants me to tell you guys it was called "Freckled Woodblock Chocolate".) It was hard to choose the flavor combinations - they were all so interesting. I wanted to try them all! Then we looked at some stores near by and then headed off the Seaside. We also stopped by the bookstore that is used for the 'Women and Women First' bookstore on the Show Portlandia. (One of my favorite shows!) It had some interesting items... like VERY interesting items!
On the way to Seaside!

On our way to Seaside, we had to stop because I saw a sign for picking your own blueberries, so I had to do that! I haven't done that in like 13 years or something?!! So, now we have 5 pounds of blueberries (that was the minimum we could get) that we don't know what to do with! Maybe we can get them home? 



We got to Seaside and immediately dropped everything in the hotel room and went out to the beach so I could play in the water!  It was nice and cold outside and so was the water! We walked around for a super long time and we found some driftwood and shells and sand dollars!  One of the sand dollars was still alive so we moved him closer to the water. We also found a teensy tiny shell, but then realized there was a teensy tiny crab still living in it. We carried it to a pool of water and he turned over and scurried off - it was so cute!  We then had dinner at the place where we ate at 10-11 years ago when I first came here.  


The purple sand dollar was still alive, so we put him back in more water.






1 comment: